Monday, September 3, 2007

Upcoming Event: Ladyfest Toronto 2007!


Check it out!

From September 27th to the 30th of this year 2007, Toronto will be graced with the yearly riot-grrl inspired festival LADYFEST!

Festival passes are available for purchase now, as well the schedule of performances and workshops and venues are listed up over at the Ladyfest homepage.

Shameless self-promotion bit:

Yours truly will be having my art project, also entitled "Electric Furr", on view at this event. My work steals from the comic book format of storytelling in order to engage the viewer about my ambiguous feelings surrounded body hair. This work was a year long labour of love, which I am proud to present at Ladyfest. When I find out its exact location, this witch will be sure to let you all know. I'm very excited to be a part of this amazing festival of feminist art and activism!

Other far-more-amazing-then-me artists to check out include:
Masia One!
Julie Doiron!
Shameless Dames!
Freeshow Seymour: the films of Allyson Mitchell and Christina Zeidler!

and SO MUCH MORE!

Come check it out! See what's going on in feminism in Toronto.

I'll be most definitely posting some reminders closer to the dates!

Whoo!

No comments: